Saturday 16 September 2017

Ami-Along

One of my favourite amigurumi pattern websites, amigurumipatterns.net, has recently started doing monthly crochet-alongs, or ami-alongs. This was probably the most exciting discovery...ever.

The first of the patterns was by YouniqueCrafts - a 17 year old crocheter, who creates some AMAZING patterns. This one was named Bentley the Bulldog. It was super cute - an English Bulldog in a university-type polo. I started making him early July, but left for Canada partway through the month, so he didn't get finished until early August.

The second amigurumi was by DIY Fluffies, and was called Billie the Pig. Billie was a beach-bum, who enjoys swimming and relaxing by the water (sounds perfect to me!). I made a purple piggie, and he got to hang out with Bentley.


This month, we're doing a pattern called Babies in Pajamas, by airali design. I haven't quite finished mine yet, but she's almost done!

In between the baby and Billie, I made a lovely pink unicorn with a pattern of my own. I won't post a picture just yet, because it's a gift that has yet to be given.
The point is, I've been doing a lot of crocheting recently - and mostly from patterns that aren't my own creations. Which, I have to say, is kind of nice. It definitely involves less unraveling, than I usually do, that's for sure! It's also given me a chance to see several different ways to do things, and create things. It's allowing me to expand my capabilities and learn new techniques.

I'm looking forward to getting back to my own creations, and taking some of the things I've learned and adapting them to my dolls and amigurumi!

No comments:

Post a Comment